One of the things that I hear people say is how there is all this research on meditation and mindfulness, but so little instructions on how to do it. One might buy a book on how to meditate, read the entire thing, and still not know where to begin.
We know what the benefits are. We know it helps us mentally, physically, and spiritually. We know about the research and proven benefits to the brain. But how do we get started? The best thing that ever happened to me was being taught “Jyoti meditation”. You can read more about this specific type of meditation here: http://www.sos.org/faq.html. This simple technique is exactly what I needed in order to get started.
I thought I would keep this blog easy and list some simple steps to get started. I spoke about this in a previous blog, but I wanted to simplify it and really challenge you to join my meditation group, (even if you aren’t there physically) and try this everyday for the next week. Put it on your todo list! It is the best thing you can do for yourself! I believe that with all my heart and soul.
1. What is your goal? Pick one or two words. (ex. God, Inner Peace)
2. Pick a time to meditate (first thing in the morning?)
3. Pick a place to meditate (the sacred spot).
4. Find a comfortable position that you can stay in for a while without moving (preferably sitting with your spine straight).
5. Sit in silence with your eyes closed for 10-20 mins.
6. Focus your eyes about 6 inches in front of the place between your eye brows (this gives your mind a focus).
7. Mentally repeat the word (s) you chose to yourself. If your mind wanders, it is okay. Gently bring your mind back to the word. FEEL how good it feels when your body is in sync with your word.
8. Think of and FEEL this word during the day.
9. BE PATIENT! – it is normal to feel like you are not doing it right, etc. The purpose is to teach your brain to focus. Release all judgment.
Please comment below on your experiences or any questions.
Peace, Love, and Meditation,
For God Sighting reminders and Holistic Health tips directly in your inbox, please enter your email address on the left (or click on the menu at the top right if you are on your mobile device). You can also reach me by email me at email@example.com or find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/elizabethcermakgodsightings. I wish you peace and love today.